Friday, August 27, 2010

Row, Row Row Your Boat

I really love that I feel totally like myself here but that I have a lot of new, interesting hobbies. Yesterday, I learned how to row. The family I work for belongs to the Buenos Aires Rowing Club in Tigre, which is a beautiful suburb on the river. I've been to the club before but I usually just hang out in the cafe with one of the kids or work out in the gym. Yesterday, Gracia said she would teach Ana and I how to row because I had mentioned I wanted to. It was so different and I loved it! It really works out your arms and legs. I'm teaching them the words of the boat and the commands like "forward" and "back" in English while they teach me how to row. It's an awesome exchange. Gracia said we can probably go every Thursday.
I also have Squash Wednesdays with Jenny as I have mentioned before. I'm still learning and I haven't won a game yet, but I love the exercise and it's a really different, fun thing to put into my routine. I don't have any photos of us in action, which is for the best. We often discuss how ridiculous we must look as we scamper across the court and run into walls.

Life is strange and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment