Thursday, December 30, 2010

Buenas Cosas

I just wanted to post some good things (Buenas Cosas) that make me smile.

First and foremost- I got a job!
Not just any job, but a full time job including health insurance and a work visa. I'll be working for Avature, a software company. Technically it's customer service but it's not the terrible phone answering variety, more like client relationships with companies around the world. I also work with Jorge.Thanks Jorge for recommending me! Also thank you Galo, Michael and Flor who put a good word in for me as well.

Shobie being in town makes me look at Buenos Aires in a different way. I've been exhausted but the good news is I had a pleasant experience in Colonia, Uruguay. If you haven't read about my first experience, read it here. Shobie was set on seeing a beach. Here's the thing people- Buenos Aires isn't always hot and it's not a beach. However, it is summer right now and thus incredibly hot, but that doesn't change the beach situation. Colonia is only an hour boat ride away and has a nice river beach. I turned several shades darker, I may even be a different race now. I don't actually have any photos of me on the beach (no swimsuit shots, thank you very much) but here's a photo of me enjoying another good thing, Cookies and Cream milkshake with vodka supplemented by a game of Jenga.

I just got the job offer today, so I'm still beaming. It just so happened that I had already made plans with Magu for her to meet Shobie and I and go to this cupcake place nearby that she loves but I had never been to. It was a great way to celebrate. I had a chocolate orange cupcake with an iced dulce de leche coffee. Decadent and delicious. I don't have a photo of that yet, Magu has that, so I'll just leave you with a photo of a photo of Magu and I with Santa and two other girls, Ana and Caro.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! What a good way to end a year of ups and downs! :) Happy New Year dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lexi! 2010 was a total shit year so this really is a great way to end it. I hope you are enjoying your job, even if it's in Peoria!

    ReplyDelete