Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fitness Challenge Update: End of Week 4

I'm a little late on this update, but I thought I should let you all know the first month long challenge is complete and it was a complete success!


4 weeks straight. Nailed it.
Six days a week, 1 workout video and 1 yoga workout for 1 month straight. I did not miss a single one.
I am significantly stronger and super proud of Emily and myself.

I work out a lot and I am pretty good at keeping myself motivated, but I can honestly say that there were days I forced myself to get up and work out or take the time to do yoga before bed just so I wouldn't fail at this challenge. I knew that, in the short term, it only resulted in a sticker. I knew that I could tell Emily I skipped a workout and she wouldn't be mad at me, she would just tell me to do better tomorrow. However, I never wanted to do that. I didn't want to face Emily, my blog, or myself because I knew it would mean I chose to fail.

For that reason, Emily and I have started yet another Fitness Challenge. We didn't even take a day off, it started on Monday. This challenge is significantly more difficult. It is so complicated that I had to have several talks with my brother, Ben, who is a personal trainer. Together, he and I designed the next challenge. He provided me with 5 different circuit training work outs. I added in all 3 levels of the 30 Day Shred and running. I made a workout reference sheet and a corresponding calendar that lists 2 workouts a day. We never do the same workouts two days in a row. It is intense. Yoga is also still a  required portion, for recovery and relaxation.

I'm two days in and sore. However, I feel really, really good about this. Wish us luck for our next endeavor and keep up with the updates!

1 comment:

  1. For the record, I didn't start yesterday like I was supposed to... having visitors really messes with one's schedule! But I did successfully complete our first 30-Day Challenge ,and I am so proud of us!

    ReplyDelete