Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fitness Challenge Update: End of Week 3


Week 3 of the Fitness Challenge has come to an end and I can declare it a success!


This week was pretty good, challenge wise. Emily and I switched to Level 2 midway through week 2. Somehow, I always thought Level 2 was the worst. Maybe not for the actual difficulty level but the combination of really annoying moves. I hate having horse-faced Jillian tell me to get into plank pose for the 5,222nd time in 20 minutes then point to her professional helper and say "If she can do it, you can do it!". Jillian, you are a moron. If I pointed to a doctor and said the same thing, would you magically be able to perform surgery? No, because you need training for that.

Emily and I tired of Level 2 quickly. We had originally planned to switch to level 3 today, but we started it yesterday. It is much more intense but I actually enjoy it much more. It seems to go by incredibly fast. I end every work out completely drenched in sweat, but feeling good.

Today was my biggest challenge of the week. I went to a party last night and went to bed around 4am. I didn't want to do anything, much less work out. However, I convinced myself to just suck it up, work out and then have a lazy day of nothing. Oh yes, I worked out, showered and put on comfy clothes, took out my contacts and  proceeded to have a do-nothing day.

So, I ran into an issue this week. I'm not even sure if it can be called an issue since that sounds negative. I realized that several of my shirts are now way too tight around my biceps. I put on one of my shirts and felt like Chris Farley trapped in a tiny jacket. I mentioned last week that Emily and I were both gaining a lot of muscle, but this seemed a little ridiculous. My shoulders and arms have rendered many shirts useless to me now. On one hand, I feel like a beast. On the other hand, I fucking liked those shirts, damn it.


Even though I earned my reward, I decided not to buy one this week. I want to save money and I also like knowing that this blog update was motivation enough to make me get off my ass today. I didn't want to let anyone, including myself, down.

3 weeks down, 1 more to go. Get after it!

Past Fitness Challenge Posts:
Fitness Challenge Update: End of Week 2
Fitness Challenge Update: End of Week 1
30 Day Shred and Yoga Challenge

3 comments:

  1. Hey!!! That concert ticket can be your reward :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! A pretty pricey one! That's okay, I saved all my Skype tutoring money and I have "extra" because boot camp is canceled until March and I usually use the tutoring money for that. I can't wait for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
    Find a fitness bench that can work for your needs.

    ReplyDelete