Sunday, April 10, 2011

Maraton del Agua: 6K in Buenos Aires

A little over a week ago I signed up for a 6K run here in Buenos Aires. I didn't really train for it at all, I was just doing it for fun with a group of friends. I ended up finishing in 36 minutes. I didn't have a set goal so I can't be unhappy with that. I really wanted to be in St. Louis today running the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon. This 6K just made me crave a half marathon, I'm dying to beat my Denver time and cross the finish line in under 2 hours. I know I can do it, I just need to train properly.

There is a half marathon in Buenos Aires September 11th. It's too soon for me to know if I will be able to dedicate the training time I'll need to beat my time. I will not run unless I can kick my old time's ass. I also might be traveling in September. However, I have already figured out my goal pace time in both miles and kilometers.

I now stare at a sticky note on my desktop that says "9min/mile=1h 57min. 5.5min/km=1h 56min". I don't think I'll be able to shake the need to make those times a reality.

That being said, today was a blast. I signed up for the race with girls who started out as fellow Boot Camp attendees (and the instructor) but have now become some of my best friends here in Buenos Aires. We ran the race and then enjoyed a delicious brunch together. Excellent day!

Boot Camp Ladies! Nina and I are pretending like Katrina and Nadine need our help.

Cute and candid at brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment